Monday, May 27, 2013

Interview with Karolyn James (K James)

Today I have author Karolyn James stopping by to tell us about her new release. It looks like a hot one!

1. What genre do you write? – Romance and erotic romance… with the hopes of adding romantic suspense in the near future. ;)

2. Please tell us about your latest release All Access and how you came up with the idea? - All Access is the first book in the Brothers of Rock series, following rock band Chasing Cross. Each book focuses on one band member. The books can be read as stand alones but the series is best to read in order! The idea came from me wanting to write about a band after the music is done. After the records are recorded. After the concerts are played. Basically, what happens in their normal lives?

3. Is it part of a series? – Yes. All Access is book one in Brothers of Rock.


4. A must have snack while you write. – Oh… I’m usually stuck between M&M’s and Wheat Thins! Talk about a contrast - lol


5. If you had to choose a favorite book that you’ve written, which would it be? – Honestly? All Access! It’s the first book and it really takes the shape of the series… but I will say this… I’m currently working on the third book and wow, it’s intense. It’s the deepest book in the series and one that needs a box of tissues with it!

6. Advice to writers who have yet to be published. – Never give up. Don’t get caught in the hype of traditional vs indie publishing. Follow. Your. Heart. ß- ALWAYS!

7. Is there a genre you haven’t written yet that you want to? – You know what? I LOVE a good mystery… but to try it… I don’t know, that might be a private book for my eyes only - lol

8. Any quirky habits? – I need to have my desk set up the same way every morning before I write.

9. What type of hero do you enjoy writing about? – The kind with honest flaws, because we, as people, are all flawed. I love those who teeter on losing to their flaws (and demons) but find a way to overcome and conquer.

10. What are you currently reading? – The Wolf Gift by Anna Rice.  J

11. What are you currently working on? – Finishing up Brothers of Rock #3 – Bitter Farewell

Buy Links for All Access

Also in the series (Available Now):


No comments: